Thursday, January 7, 2010

dirty scraps challenge layout

For the dirty scraps first challenge, I made this layout.

It's embarrassing but its part of my life.



it's about my weight gain the last 4 years and how I plan on making 2010 a healthier year for myself, getting into shape again and being happier with myself and my choices.

Journaling reads:
"In 2005, I graduated college weighing over 200lbs. By xmas of 06 I had lost over 40lbs, but after losing the weight quickly, I began eating horrible again and slowly started packing on the pounds year by year. I've gained 40+ lbs back.

But 2010 is my year! it's time to change my ways and live a healthier lifestyle. I've done it before, I can do it again!"

14 comments:

Pinky said...

OHHHH girl I love this page so much! I too feel like i am not hot anymore some days...I totally get this page Thanks for making me feel not so alone!

Shannon Marie said...

thanks for your comments!!

Cher~ said...

Shannon, you are definitely not alone. I'm there with you too and will encourage you to be who you are comfortable being. Great layout. Love the titling.

Ziggyeor said...

Great Job on your LO and getting it out there!

Jenn said...

I Love it. And you are not alone. I busted my butt to lose weight and then had two babies and gained it all back and then some...Way to go on the layout. I know, random poster, but I am trying to get my "dirty" layout done too.

Kelly C said...

great job on the challenges... and I think most people struggle with it - we should all be each other's support group!

Laurajean said...

I just LOVE your layout Shannon, I feel ya girl...I HaVE to do the same this year...Gorgeous layout girl :)

Jenny said...

Great job on the challenge!

Mandee said...

Love your page and especially the honesty. I too went personal on this challenge except I went with wrinkles and a waddle! At least you're still young...I'm big and old! LOL

Carla said...

You are definitely not alone at all. You did a fantastic job on your layout. I love the colors you chose to compliment your photos!

Aeify said...

GREAT LO and how awesome and brave is everyone who is participating in Dirty Scraps!!! It's hard to put yourself out there like that!

ascrappersdream said...

Shannon-getting it down on paper makes it a concrete something that inspires you, and others to make it work. You rock!!

Ginny said...

This is a great page. I love all the pictures you used in it. I love that 08 picture!

AmesOx said...

This page is wonderful girl! I love that you just put it all out there. These pages are what scrapping is all about - Scrap Life!