Saturday, March 30, 2013

Create a File Folder to Hide Memorabilia



I created a page to hide a flyer from an event that I didn't find visually appealing to appear in my scrapbook but I still wanted to incorporate it somehow.

I cut the cardstock, that held the flyer, just slightly bigger than the flyer. I sized another piece of paper slightly wider, scored it and created a fold and slipped it behind the original base and then taped the whole piece down creating an opening flap. I used a regular (plain) file folder I had on hand and traced the tab to give it dimension and to show there was something behind the pink piece.

I decorated and embellished the front of the "folder" like a regular scrapbook page. You could accomplish this technique using a regular file folder or heidi swapp memory files, but if you want to use a specific color or patterned paper, this is the handmade way to do it. My "file folder" was a bit more square to fit a 12x12 page than your traditional folder.

I used Close to My Heart's Claire Paper and Glitter Paper for this layout.

No comments: